At AmyLara Veterinary Clinic our areas of expertise covers all companion animals including dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, birds as well as exotics such as snakes and reptiles, and chelonians such as tortoises and terrapins. All pets are cared for in a modern, well-equipped environment where the welfare of our patients is our primary concern.
We provide the widest range of the most up to date methods and practices in order to treat your pet over their lifetime. Our services include the following:
- Surgical procedures including routine neutering, cryosurgery and specialist orthopaedic and soft tissue surgery all carried out in dedicated operating theatre where each patient is assessed prior to undergoing surgery and anaesthetic agents chosen accordingly
- Cardiology including long term management and supportive care
- Dentistry (advanced techniques are also available)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- Dietary advice
- Specialist Prescription Food
- Health profiles including geriatric profiles
- Fertility management
- Pet passports
- Therapeutic grooming
- Cat boarding
- Pet Cremation
Across our 3 practices we offer a vast array of diagnostic facilities to enable our vets to provide a fast and thorough throughput of cases. Our facilities include the following:
- CT Scan
- HBOT – Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Haematology and biochemistry blood test analysers
- Serology and hormone assays
- Microscopy / Skin scrapes, hair plucks, blood and vaginal smears
- Blood Pressure Measurement
- X-ray including myelogram
We encourage that where possible, our clients have pet insurance as vet bills can be expensive particularly if your pet has complicated health problems that require long term care and management. Pet insurance also means we can fully investigate any health issues your pet may have using all the range of diagnostic facilities we have access to and offer the most up to date treatment that veterinary medicine can provide.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
AmyLara Vet’s new Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy chamber, the first of its kind in Ireland, is now being used in the treatment of small animals. HBOT is renowned for offering human patients significant benefits. For small animals HBOT can be used to ease pain and speed up the rehabilitative process after injury or surgery; treatable conditions include swelling, trauma, smoke inhalation, near drowning and pancreatitis.
Reducing the stress and recovery time for patients can improve post-treatment outcomes and quality of life. It is hoped this also contributes to reducing treatment times & costs.
Get in touch to discuss how HBOT might contribute to the health and happiness of your pet.
In case of emergency
Emergencies will always be dealt with as a priority. In the case of emergencies, please call ahead on 01 846 5107 when possible so that staff and necessary equipment will be ready for your arrival.
Outside of normal hours use our dedicated emergency number: